Monday, March 15, 2010

Cake Disaster




So I thought to myself, I think I will try a new recipe today. Well either I can't read directions or the directions were not good. About 15 minutes into the cooking time, I smelled something a bit off. Of course I ignored it for a few minutes but then had to look. As I opened the oven, smoke billowed out. The cake was overflowing everywhere.




This is what they looked like when they were cooked. I briefly considered throwing them away, thinking they would simply taste like smoke. Instead I decided to salvage them as best I could. I made some filling, which didn't turn out. I covered it in fondant, which was wrinkly and when the intended decorations didn't happen I iced on some clovers....poorly.

It was a bit lopsided but tasted ok. Not my proudest cake moment for sure.



No comments:

Post a Comment