Friday, March 5, 2010

Ah, the Cake 'class'

Well yesterday was the big day, after being postponed a week the class started last night. The course guide said 'Learn to make professional looking cakes'. What a joke! For an hour and half we 'learned' to use a pastry bag with a hole cut in the end to print letters, make lines and blobs with tails. Blobs with tails seem to be very importand so I am not sure why they don't have a real name. When the instructor, and I use that term very lightly, asked if there was anything specific we wanted to learn, I said "Can you just show us some cool tricks?". Her reply was 'Like what?'. Apparently I can only learn new tricks if they are something I already know about. WTF? The lady beside me a while later asked what we should do next and the 'instructor' said, just do whatever you want. So I paid money to sit in a room and play with icing, doing whatever I want, and that is a class. I could have done that at home for free. Seriously, what was I thinking. I phoned this morning to complain but they don't do refunds unless it is a medical reason. I suspect I am going to be the biggest pain in the ass of a 'student' she has ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment